[Dibbler] DHCPv6-PD Solicit instead of Request when NoBinding failure occurs during IA_PD Renew

Deepak Krishnan deepak.r.krishnan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 07:17:41 CEST 2020

Hi Tomek,

Thanks for the input.

On code walkthrough and validation, found that REQUEST msg is not being
sent since function stops its execution with log "*Unable to send REQUEST.
There are no backup servers left.*".
Thereafter, SOLICIT message is being sent to the DHCPv6 server in the
network.

TClntMsgRequest::TClntMsgRequest(TOptList opts, int iface)
    :TClntMsg(iface, SPtr<TIPv6Addr>(), REQUEST_MSG) {
    int backupCount = ClntTransMgr().getAdvertiseLstCount();
    if (!backupCount)
    {
        Log(Error) << "Unable to send REQUEST. There are no backup servers
left." << LogEnd;
        setState( opts, STATE_NOTCONFIGURED);
        this->IsDone = true;
        return;
    }
Is there any tweak which can be put which forcefully does a REQUEST msg
even though no backup servers present in the network?

-----
I wrote a patch which invokes client-notify script upon expiration
(alongwith setting of the parameters ) to meet my requirements and its
working fine.

Deepak

}