[Dibbler] "option fqdn" with Dibbler 0.7.2/XP

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Sun Mar 20 23:44:39 CET 2011

On 2011-03-20 19:34, Nicolas C. wrote:
> I don't have dev tools for Windows so I'm interested in a more recent
> version of Dibbler for Windows XP (32 bits).
http://klub.com.pl/dhcpv6/snapshots/2011-03-20-windows-binaries/dibbler-0.8.0RC2-svn20110320.zip

Note that this is just a build of latest SVN, not a release.

> Yes, this is a Wireshark capture on WinXP (unsuccesful DDNS with
> "malformed option") :
>
> https://filex.univ-paris1.fr/get?k=no9Umj15jJSpsTewUid
>
> And is a capture on Ubuntu (successful DDNS, with "maverick-test" as a
> provided fqdn) :
>
> https://filex.univ-paris1.fr/get?k=pPJaxtWKTIlAhLvc6fv
Thanks. I'll take a look at them. Could you please try if this problem
is still present? I've checked CHANGELOG and there were 2 bugs fixed in
0.7.3 regarding FQDN:

- Cli/Srv: Empty FQDN option problem fixed (bug #186 and #187)

There's non-zero chance that the problem you are reporting is already fixed.