[Dibbler] Dibbler on Mac OS

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Mon Mar 14 00:45:10 CET 2011

Hi,
I bought my first mac couple of days ago. After figuring out how to do
anything useful without using insert, delete, pgup and pgdown, I was
able to fix couple of bugs. It seems that both server and client are now
usable.

To compile dibbler on Mac OS:
1. Get the latest code from SVN
2. Edit Makefile.inc - comment out Linux section and uncomment Mac OS
3. make server client

In case you are behind some firewall and can't access SVN, you can also
download snapshot. But I very much recommend using SVN if possible.
http://klub.com.pl/dhcpv6/snapshots/dibbler-20110313-SVN.tar.gz

It was reported by one user that both server and client get confused on
boxes with virtualization software installed (due to vmnet* network
interfaces). I think I fixed that problem, but in case I didn't, please
let me know. Also, since I've been using OS X for only 2 days, my
experience is very limited. When reporting bug reports, please be very
descriptive. Also, please specify what kind of network interfaces you
have in your system (ifconfig output is very useful also).