[Dibbler] [Bug report] problem with Linux version of dibbler-relay
roland_renaud at mitel.com
Wed Jun 27 18:07:21 CEST 2007
1) The Linux version Dibbler v 0.6.0 doesn't build from source on
CentOS 4.4 (essentially Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, aka RHEL 4).
A fix for this is included.
2) There's a problem with the Linux version of the dhcp-relay for
version 0.6.0 that isn't present on the Windows version.
1) Build problems and a solution.
- The Linux distribution we're using is CentOS 4.4.
This is a free version of Red Hat RHEL4. You can consider them the
same if it makes any difference to your code.
- Installation of dibbler-0.4.1-1.i386.rpm is straightforward but
since we found a problem with the dhcp relay, we tried using
- When using the tar version, we get an error from one of the libraries.
% cd ~/dibbler/dibbler-0.6.0-RC1
./dibbler-server: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version
`CXXABI_1.3.1' not found (required by ./dibbler-server)
% ls -l /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 Mar 8 16:03 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
- When building from the sources
Installation instructions from file doc/dibbler-user.pdf
make server relay
mkdir -p /var/lib/dibbler
% make server
[CONFIG ] /poslib/
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
Invalid configuration `rjrl1': machine `rjrl1' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub rjrl1 failed
make: *** [poslib-configure] Error 1
- To fix this problem:
tar zxvf dibbler-0.6.0RC4-src.tar.gz
cd $(PREFIX)/poslib; test -e "config.h" || ./configure --host=$(HOST) >configure-poslib.log;
cd $(PREFIX)/poslib; test -e "config.h" || ./configure >configure-poslib.log;
Add this line below the stdio.h line
- I hope this information is useful and doesn't interfere with other
2) Problem with Linux version of dhcp-relay but the Windows version is ok.
- Our initial tests of Dibbler were with v 0.4.1 because the rpm was
easier to install and due to the problems with v 0.6.0 described above.
- When testing the Linux version of Dibbler v 0.4.1 we found a problem
with the dhcp-relay.
- Version 0.6.0 on a Windows/XP box doesn't have the problem.
- After building the Linux v 0.6.0, we found that it also has the
- Problem description:
We're using the topology described in "Figure 7: Cascade relays"
shown on page 56 of the document dibbler-user.pdf provided with
Dibbler v 0.6.0RC4.
The first relay is choking on the forwarded DHCPv6 Advertise
message with this error:
Invalid option 1792 in RELAY_REPL message.
- I've attached a gzipped tar file containing the files:
- The output of "dibbler-relay run".
- A Wireshark capture file taken at the first relay.
- Is there a fix in the Windows version that isn't present in the
Thanks for providing Dibbler and I hope this information is helpful.
Roland_Renaud at Mitel.COM
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5659 bytes
Url : http://klub.com.pl/pipermail/dibbler/attachments/20070627/5f9582d8/attachment.obj
More information about the Dibbler