[Dibbler] Dibbler FQDN+TA version
kauer at biplane.com.au
Wed Jun 28 05:28:09 CEST 2006
I've just started getting to know Dibbler - very nice! I have been most
impressed with how easy it is to compile (on Ubuntu breezy), and how
easily the WindowsXP binaries installed and worked.
However, I very much want to use DDNS, so I grabbed the FQDN+TA version.
However, short of reading the source code, I can't figure how it is
supposed to work.
Does anyone have a sample client and sample server config file,
preferably commented, that I could use as a stating point? The sample
files included don't make sense to me.
Also, is a FQDN+TA client version of the software needed, or is the
"standard" Dibbler WinXP client enough?
When I say DDNS, I mean this:
- the client has a name (FQDN) that it wants to use
- it sends that name to the server as part of its request
- the server allocates an address to the client
- the server does two dynamic updates to register the name
(forward lookup) and the address (reverse lookup) in the DNS.
- when the lease expires, the server does dynamic updates to
remove these entries from the DNS
Is this possible with Dibbler?
Karl Auer (kauer at biplane.com.au) +61-2-64957160 (w/h)
http://www.biplane.com.au/~kauer/ +61-428-957160 (mob)
More information about the Dibbler