[Dibbler-devel] inactive-mode option doesn't work

Karol Jędrzejczyk kjedrzejczyk at icotera.com
Fri Jul 6 09:17:57 CEST 2018

W dniu 05.07.2018 o 16:41, Petr Pisar pisze:
> On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 02:04:06PM +0200, Karol Jędrzejczyk wrote:
>> I need to configure DHCPv6 server for prefix delegation over PPPoE. The
>> problem with this is that the PPP interfaces don't exist when the server
>> starts. Dibbler has an option to ignore non-existing interfaces called
>> "inactive-mode", but despite having it in my /etc/dibbler.conf I still
>> get errors:
>>
> Are you sure you edited /etc/dibbler/server.conf? Because server does not use
> /etc/dibbler.conf.

My mistake, the file is obviously /etc/dibbler/server.conf

> Server should support inactive mode. I have few servers were some interfaces
> do not exist at dibbler start and they overall work. I only know about a
> race condition that causes the server to crash when starting, but I has not
> yet managed to debug it.

In my case those are ppp interfaces. I don't know if it matters.

>> --
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>>

>> This message and any attachment is intended
>> exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
>
> Your e-mail client or server is broken.

There is unfortunately nothing I can do about that.
--
Karol Jędrzejczyk

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any attachment is intended
exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This
communication may contain information that is proprietary, confidential,
legally privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure. The security and
integrity of e-mails cannot be guaranteed. Any reply to this e-mail and any
attachment received may be subject to Icotera monitoring.
If you are not
the named addressee, you are not authorized to use, distribute, copy or
take any action in reliance on this message. The unauthorized use,
disclosure, or copying of this communication, or any attachment, is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. No waiver of confidentiality or
any applicable privilege is intended by any mistransmission. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any
attachments.