[Dibbler-devel] inactive-mode option doesn't work

Petr Pisar petr.pisar at atlas.cz
Thu Jul 5 16:41:37 CEST 2018

On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 02:04:06PM +0200, Karol Jędrzejczyk wrote:
> I need to configure DHCPv6 server for prefix delegation over PPPoE. The
> problem with this is that the PPP interfaces don't exist when the server
> starts. Dibbler has an option to ignore non-existing interfaces called
> "inactive-mode", but despite having it in my /etc/dibbler.conf I still
> get errors:

Are you sure you edited /etc/dibbler/server.conf? Because server does not use
/etc/dibbler.conf.

Server should support inactive mode. I have few servers were some interfaces
do not exist at dibbler start and they overall work. I only know about a
race condition that causes the server to crash when starting, but I has not
yet managed to debug it.

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>

> This message and any attachment is intended
> exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.

Your e-mail client or server is broken.

-- Petr