[Dibbler-devel] inactive-mode option doesn't work

Karol Jędrzejczyk kjedrzejczyk at icotera.com
Thu Jul 5 14:04:06 CEST 2018

Dear Developers,
I need to configure DHCPv6 server for prefix delegation over PPPoE. The
problem with this is that the PPP interfaces don't exist when the server
starts. Dibbler has an option to ignore non-existing interfaces called
"inactive-mode", but despite having it in my /etc/dibbler.conf I still
get errors:

dibbler-server run
[...]
Server Critical  Interface ppp1/-1 is not present in the system or does
not support IPv6.
Server Critical  Fatal error during CfgMgr initialization.

Any chances I can get this to work or do I have to modify dibbler.conf
and restart the server each time PPP interfaces are created/destroyed?

dibbler-server --version
| Dibbler - a portable DHCPv6, version 1.0.1 (SERVER, Linux port)

On an unrelated note:
1. Bugzilla doesn't work
http://klub.com.pl/bugzilla3/index.cgi

Software error:

Can't connect to the database.
Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2 "No such file or directory")
   Is your database installed and up and running?
   Do you have the correct username and password selected in localconfig?

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (admin at klub.com.pl), giving
this error message and the time and date of the error.

2. Web frontend for the mailing list doesn't work
http://klub.com.pl/mailman/listinfo/dibbler-devel/

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /mailman/listinfo/dibbler-devel/ on
this server.
Apache/2.4.25 (Debian) Server at klub.com.pl Port 443
--
Karol Jędrzejczyk

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any attachment is intended
exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This
communication may contain information that is proprietary, confidential,
legally privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure. The security and
integrity of e-mails cannot be guaranteed. Any reply to this e-mail and any
attachment received may be subject to Icotera monitoring.
If you are not
the named addressee, you are not authorized to use, distribute, copy or
take any action in reliance on this message. The unauthorized use,
disclosure, or copying of this communication, or any attachment, is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. No waiver of confidentiality or
any applicable privilege is intended by any mistransmission. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any
attachments.