[Dibbler-devel] git version 26.07 10:00 works (mostly)

Mircea Ciocan mirceac at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:43:33 CEST 2016

Hello Tomasz, as expected the fact that the address duplicate address can't
be assigned to the interface is indeed a kernel issue, when the assignment
fails I have the following messages in the system log:

Jul 27 14:20:53 kernel: [782286.129796] IPv6: eth3: IPv6 duplicate address
2001:1:8::10 detected!
Jul 27 14:20:54 kernel: [782286.698279] IPv6: eth3: IPv6 duplicate address
2001:1:8::10 detected!
Jul 27 14:20:57 kernel: [782289.705480] IPv6: eth3: IPv6 duplicate address
2001:1:8::10 detected!

So I think that my hypothesis, that the kernel does not allow the DAD
invalid address to be set is confirmed.
Now why the set function doesn't return an error cod is not clear to me but
that#s another story.

But the most important issue right now is the segfault when accessing the
Options member via that list iterator. It seems that once this object is
invalid segfaults happens.
I have no clue why it becomes invalid, if is a list issue (most likely) but
once it gets in this state is game over.
One other thing is that considering addresses with unknown status as
tentative was in my case a good idea, I don't think is altogether a better
option but it will be cool that in a future release to have it as a
configurable parameter.

So if you have any idea how can we do something about this Options member
and his unhappy list I will be so happy ;).

 Best regards, MC

If we can solve this I think the