[Dibbler-devel] git version 26.07 10:00 works (mostly)

Mircea Ciocan mirceac at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 11:38:45 CEST 2016


Dear Tomasz, I've tried to compile the branch iproute-update.
Unfortunately it doesn't compile, with missing defines:
iproute.c:56:3: error: ‘RTAX_QUICKACK’ undeclared here (not in a function)
iproute.c:56:2: error: array index in initializer not of integer type
iproute.c:56:2: error: (near initialization for ‘mx_names’)
iproute.c:56:2: warning: ISO C90 forbids specifying subobject to initialize
[-pedantic]
iproute.c:56:2: warning: excess elements in array initializer [enabled by
default]
iproute.c:56:2: warning: (near initialization for ‘mx_names’) [enabled by
default]
iproute.c:57:3: error: ‘RTAX_CC_ALGO’ undeclared here (not in a function)
iproute.c:57:2: error: array index in initializer not of integer type
iproute.c:57:2: error: (near initialization for ‘mx_names’)
iproute.c:57:2: warning: ISO C90 forbids specifying subobject to initialize
[-pedantic]
iproute.c:57:2: warning: excess elements in array initializer [enabled by
default]
iproute.c:57:2: warning: (near initialization for ‘mx_names’) [enabled by
default]
iproute.c: In function ‘filter_nlmsg’:
iproute.c:197:10: error: ‘RTA_VIA’ undeclared (first use in this function)
iproute.c:197:10: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once
for each function it appears in
iproute.c:199:16: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
iproute.c:225:22: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
iproute.c:226:27: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
iproute.c: In function ‘print_route’:
iproute.c:397:9: error: ‘RTA_NEWDST’ undeclared (first use in this function)
iproute.c:416:9: error: ‘RTA_VIA’ undeclared (first use in this function)
iproute.c:420:19: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
iproute.c:421:19: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
iproute.c:421:43: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
iproute.c:453:21: error: ‘RTNH_F_OFFLOAD’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
iproute.c:457:21: error: ‘RTNH_F_LINKDOWN’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
iproute.c:647:22: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
iproute.c:648:22: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
iproute.c:648:46: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
iproute.c:684:9: error: ‘RTA_PREF’ undeclared (first use in this function)
iproute.c: In function ‘parse_one_nh’:
iproute.c:732:30: error: ‘RTA_VIA’ undeclared (first use in this function)
iproute.c: In function ‘iproute_modify’:
iproute.c:850:35: error: ‘RTA_NEWDST’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
iproute.c:867:36: error: ‘RTA_VIA’ undeclared (first use in this function)
iproute.c:1094:34: error: ‘RTA_PREF’ undeclared (first use in this function)
iproute.c: In function ‘iproute_get’:
iproute.c:1681:10: error: ‘RTA_VIA’ undeclared (first use in this function)

It seem that the symbols are part of iproute program, do I need to lift and
include some header from there or is some kind of standard devel package
that can be installed normally ?

 Best regards, MC



On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 12:09 AM, Tomasz Mrugalski <thomson at klub.com.pl>
wrote:

> On 26.07.2016 17:41, Mircea Ciocan wrote:
> > I'm eager to test the version with the latest iproute code addition and
> > if the code works in normal and whatever test situation you can think
> > off, then a new release should be done to have a stable reference code
> base.
> I have pushed the code to branch iproute-update. Many files in
> Port-linux/ has been update to source code from iproute2-4.3.0.
>
> Here are the results of my tests:
>
> Case 1: no duplicate: the server assigns an address. Client receives it
> and there is no duplicate. The client adds the address to the interface
> and it seems to be working ok.
>
> Case 2: the address is already used. The server assigns it, the client
> receives it and tries to configure it. It calls ipaddr_add_or_del, but
> for some reason that eludes me, the address is not actually added to the
> interface. I have no idea why.
>
> Regarding case 2, I did an extra experiment. On host1 I did add an
> address that was to be handled by a server. Instead of running
> dibbler-client, I manually called ip addr add and it for configured. I
> have no idea why.
>
> If you have time, maybe you could debug the parameters used by dibbler
> in ipaddr_add_or_del and compare them to value used in ipaddr_modify in
> ip/ipaddress.c in the ip tool.
>
> Good luck,
> Tomek
>
> p.s.
> Your previous patch for calling rtnl_close() is already part of the code
> and the change is mentioned in the changelog for upcoming 1.0.2.
> _______________________________________________
> Dibbler-devel mailing list
> Dibbler-devel at klub.com.pl
> http://klub.com.pl/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dibbler-devel
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://klub.com.pl/pipermail/dibbler-devel/attachments/20160727/9d71c618/attachment.html>


More information about the Dibbler-devel mailing list