[Dibbler-devel] git version 26.07 10:00 works (mostly)

Mircea Ciocan mirceac at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 09:46:22 CEST 2016

Dear Tomasz, these are excellent news, I will try it right now.
Just one question: in both cases (the one that worked with an IP without
problems and the one that failed with an IP that was already exiting), the
same function was called ?
If the code path is similar could it be that the address was not assigned
was rejected because the function call already did some kind of DAD and
rejected because of that ?
Because I don't think that the client knows in advance if there is a
duplicate address until it performs a DAD, and to perform this it should
assign it first to the interface.
Failing to assign it with the same code path that was assigning an IP
without problems correctly means some form of DAD is already made, the
function should return an error code IMHO.
Please correct if I'm wrong or if there are different code paths.

 Best regards, MC