[Dibbler-devel] git version 26.07 10:00 works (mostly)

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Wed Jul 27 00:09:23 CEST 2016

On 26.07.2016 17:41, Mircea Ciocan wrote:
> I'm eager to test the version with the latest iproute code addition and
> if the code works in normal and whatever test situation you can think
> off, then a new release should be done to have a stable reference code base.
I have pushed the code to branch iproute-update. Many files in
Port-linux/ has been update to source code from iproute2-4.3.0.

Here are the results of my tests:

Case 1: no duplicate: the server assigns an address. Client receives it
and there is no duplicate. The client adds the address to the interface
and it seems to be working ok.

Case 2: the address is already used. The server assigns it, the client
receives it and tries to configure it. It calls ipaddr_add_or_del, but
for some reason that eludes me, the address is not actually added to the
interface. I have no idea why.

Regarding case 2, I did an extra experiment. On host1 I did add an
address that was to be handled by a server. Instead of running
dibbler-client, I manually called ip addr add and it for configured. I
have no idea why.

If you have time, maybe you could debug the parameters used by dibbler
in ipaddr_add_or_del and compare them to value used in ipaddr_modify in
ip/ipaddress.c in the ip tool.

Good luck,
Tomek

p.s.
Your previous patch for calling rtnl_close() is already part of the code
and the change is mentioned in the changelog for upcoming 1.0.2.