[Dibbler-devel] Dibbler client crashes if address is duplicate

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Mon Jul 25 15:50:12 CEST 2016

Hi,
Which version are you running? 1.0.0, 1.0.1 or git? Your line numbers
differ from the latest git.

Can you try the latest git version? There was a significant patch merged
couple weeks ago that changes how the pointers are cast. In principle it
should not change anything, but the casts should be much safer after it.

Also, can you apply this patch:

https://gist.github.com/tomaszmrugalski/5d7afaa5efc042af2861b61b2bc5e574

It does print the the option that's being queries for size.

Finally, if this doesn't help with the debugging, can you upload the
core file and the dibbler-client binary? It's essential to get both of
them, otherwise I will not be able to load the core and inspect it.

On a related note, the logic in TClntTransMgr::checkDecline() is broken.
It tries to group declined addresses together and then send DECLINEs for
them. I suspect there's a bug somewhere in the group together code. I
wish I had some time to spare to rewrite this function.