[Dibbler-devel] Windows port clean-up and update

Hernan Martinez hernan.c.martinez at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 15:52:53 CET 2013

Sure,

Ah yes, I forgot to say Windows Server 2003 SP2 along with Windows XP SP3
and make them the minimum supported edition of Windows.
I just tested and we can target both OSes with the free Visual Studio 2013
Express for Desktop.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Tomasz Mrugalski <thomson at klub.com.pl>wrote:

> On 20.11.2013 14:32, Hernan Martinez wrote:
> > Hello Tomek,
> >
> > Like you I was also in a conference, I'm back home know from Qt
> > Developer Days in San Francisco :-)
> Hi,
> Hope you have a good time. SFO is a nice city :)
>
> > So, what about supporting Windows XP3 and above?  Indeed I've read
> > online about NT4 and 2k support, but like you said the support is
> horrible.
> We definitely need to support XPs. As far as I can tell, Dibbler is the
> only way to run DHCPv6 client on them. I'm not sure about the server,
> but it is also a possibility. I know that Microsoft is terminating
> support for XP sometime in 2014, but they are still very popular.
>
> Oh, can you go over the last couple mails on dibbler list? One guy
> reported that Dibbler works on Windows 2012 when run from console, but
> fails to start when run as a service. Can you contact him and check what
> the problem is? It is possible that he was using older code version,
> without your fixes.
>
> Thanks,
> Tomek

*Hernan da Cunha Martinez*
Bsc. Eng. in Computer Engineering
Polytechnic School of the University of Sao Paulo
www.linkedin.com/in/hernancmartinez/<http://br.linkedin.com/in/hernancmartinez/>
Tel # +55-11-91509238