[Dibbler-devel] Question regarding dibbler pkg

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Wed Nov 20 14:06:59 CET 2013

On 20.11.2013 11:59, snehal wrote:
> IBM is working on developing Little Endian version of PowerLinux.
> More details are :
> https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/fe313521-2e95-46f2-817d-44a4f27eba32/entry/confessions_of_a_recovering_proprietary_programmer_endianness?lang=en.
> Support for Little Endian has already been accepted into the Linux
> kernel and Toolchain (gcc, glibc and friends).
>
> Alpha release of libtool is available at following location
> ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-2.4.2.418.tar.gz (1.6MB)
> ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/libtool/libtool-2.4.2.418.tar.xz (920KB)
>
> It would be great if you can install this new libtool which supports
> ppc64le,
> and spin the pkg and let us know the new tar availability. We can test
> it on ppc64le architecture for you.
>
> With newer version of libtool installed, I would not have to send any of
> the patches.
> Please let me know if it is possible?
Sure. I can give it a try, but only after I get back from vacation (so
Dec. 2nd and up). Would that be ok?

Tomek

p.s.
Have you had a chance to check whether BIND10 (that features DNS, but
also DHCPv4 and DHCPv6) compiles and runs on your platform? See
http://bind10.isc.org. This is a software still under heavy development,
but it would be great if it could run on ppc64le. Dibbler is my personal
hobby project, so I can only devote limited time to it. BIND10 on the
other hand, is a large project run be a (non-profit) company with many
engineers.