[Dibbler] Prefix Splitting

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Mon Mar 7 21:53:41 CET 2016

On 04.03.2016 00:44, Куприяшин Михаил wrote:
> One more thing: I have one internal interface, and my provider leases
> me a 56-bit prefix. As there is only one downlink interface, Dibbler
> assigns the whole prefix to it. But Router Advertisment won't work
> if prefix is not 64-bit. Can I make Dibbler split the 56b prefix to
> several 64b subprefixes despite there is only one downlink?
They the latest code from git. This behavior has changed recently and
dibbler uses /64 even if /56 was delegated.

> P.S. I am currently using the Loopback as another downlink as a
> workaround. Is is dangerous, or just blasphemy?
It's your loopback, so you may configure on it whatever you want. This
should be safe in general, but you'd get a nice routing loop if someone
sent a packet to an address that belongs to that /64 that you configure
on loopback.

If the code from master works, please let me know about it, ok? It's a
recent change and I haven't tested it myself.