[Dibbler] IPv6 Network with Dibbler DHCP

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Fri Jun 3 19:08:25 CEST 2016

On 03.06.2016 18:54, DICK,  L. (MR.) wrote:
> Thank you for response. Sorry that mistake.
> -I checked this by Just doing a continuos ping from one Server and it
> shows that  PC is intermittent but when I assign a static address, all go
> well.
I don't know why your windows clients do that. Maybe they don't like
such small t1 and t2 times and they drop the lease? Your dibbler server
sets valid lifetimes to 12 hours. Your config says that after 5 seconds
the clients are supposed to renew, but the address at that time is still
valid for 11 hours 59 minutes and 55 seconds. So I don't see a reason
why they would do that.

You can debug the issue by capturing the traffic using wireshark and
looking into the packets. In particular, look for REPLY packet. There's
IA_NA option. It have IAADDRESS option in it. Please check that the
values of that option as you specified in the config, i.e.
preferred-lifetime is 43200 and valid-lifetime is 86400.

> -My client are normal windows desktop and Laptops.
I don't use windows, so I can't help with Windows. Ok, I do use it
sometimes, but only as a gaming platform :)

> -The other scope is for another Vlan though I have not tested it or used
> it.
It will not work in the way you specified it. If there's a separate
vlan, I think it should be seen on the box that runs dibbler server as a
separate interface. You should define that interface separately in your
server.conf.

Good luck,