[Dibbler] DHCP Hackathon in Berlin

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Wed Jun 1 14:40:34 CEST 2016

Hello everyone.

There will be a IETF hackathon in Berlin and couple DHCP folks decided
to join in. It's going to take place over the weekend of 16-17 July
before the main IETF week. It's free to attend and, while most people
will likely attend IETF, hackathon participation does not require IETF
participation (so no fees).

Details are here: http://ietf.org/hackathon/96-hackathon.html

The DHCP part is not officially announced yet on the official page, but
it will be shortly.

There will be people involved in Cisco CNR, ISC Kea and obviously
Dibbler. So far we have several topics planned: support for RFC7550 and
upcoming RFC3315bis and development of YANG module. I'll probably split
my time between Dibbler and Kea.

Everyone with just a tiny bit of programming or administrative skills is
welcome to participate. We'll find something for you to do for sure.
If you have your own idea or a problem with Dibbler or Kea (or possibly
other DHCP implementation), come join us and we'll see what can be done
about it.

Tomek

p.s.
Not sure what's planned this time, but during last 3 hackathons there
were free t-shirts and lunches. An afterparty is also not uncommon. If
you want to hang out with DHCP folks, this may be your chance :)