[Dibbler] dibbler-client: Exporting Prefix Delegation data

Eduardo Montoya emontoya at kirale.com
Mon Aug 22 10:25:53 CEST 2016

Hi! Here is the issue: I'm currently using dibbler-server under control of
a custom script which edits the server.conf file. One of the configuration
parameters is the IPv6 address pool, which I currently set manually. Next
step is to receive that prefix via prefix delegation.

So, what I want is my script to set the client.conf according to my
configuration data and use the received prefix after invoking the client to
setup the server.conf. Since I use that prefix for other purposes apart
from DHCPv6 (NAT64 configuration and more) I would like to read the
obtained prefix somewhere from my script. Or even better, take advantage of
the client prefix splitting feature and read the subprefixes generated by
the client for every interface.

Now the only place I can see the subprefixes is in the dibbler-client log,
which involves a non standard parsing. Is there a better way to do that?
Thanks.

--
         *Eduardo Montoya*
Embedded Firmware Engineer