[Dibbler] Script not executed initially and other questions

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Fri Nov 27 13:24:10 CET 2015

On 27.11.2015 10:26, Daniel Kenzelmann wrote:
> Thanks, without "rapid commit" it is now working after the initial
> connection.
Did you test if the fix I made on master is working?

> Testing the prefix tweaks branch might be a bit tricky, I don't have too
> much time available to test.
I see. Yet you expect me to have enough test to investigate the issue
and implement the fixes. It would be great if you could test those two
fixes.

The problem is that I'm also very busy. I typically ask users to verify
if the fixes I did are working for them. Sometimes it's the only option
as often I have no way to reproduce specific issues.

> I think I'll just keep specifying two interfaces and wait until the
> prefix tweaks brach was merged.
It doesn't work that way. I will not merge it until I hear some
confirmation that it's working as expected.

> One further question:
> dibbler always modifies /etc/resolv.conf and adds the nameservers. Is
> there a way to prevent it from doing this?
> (I read somewhere that it is not possible to deactivate this?)
If you don't want your resolv.conf updated, the easiest way is to not
ask for dns-servers option in the first place.

There's also a bit hacky way to not update the file. You could compile
dibbler with resolvconf (that's a tool that updates /etc/resolv.conf
file) and substitute the resolvconf file with a dummy script. Clever
tricks with PATH before you call dibbler-client may do the trick here.
It's a hack, I admit.