[Dibbler] Script not executed initially and other questions

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Nov 26 10:13:28 CET 2015

Can't help with the actual question, but ...

Daniel Kenzelmann <klub.com.pl at k8n.de> wrote:

> The DSL provider reconnects after 24 hours and hands out a new prefix every time.

I assume they do the same with your IPv4 address as well ?

Over on the ISC DHCP users list, from time to time we'd get a question along the lines of "how can we force clients to get a new address every ${timespan} ?" Usually it was from the tech in some small ISP trying to figure out how to do what the PHB* instructed. The response was generally along the lines of "go and find another job, because your customers will go to another ISP run by someone with a clue and your's will die".

Do you have the option of switching to a less nasty provider ? If so then I'd recommend that - and tell the current one why your leaving.

* PHB - Dilbert's technically illiterate and incompetent Pointy Haired Boss, http://dilbert.com