[Dibbler] dibbler-client does not start (Lubuntu 14.04)

Schneider, Simon (NSN - DE/Dusseldorf) simon.schneider at nsn.com
Mon Jan 19 12:00:40 CET 2015

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, I guess I used the most simple config, just to get an IPv6 address from the server. See below.

I added the "log-mode short" and "log-level 8" in an attempt to get more info, but it failed. No error message, also couldn't find a log file anywhere.

Best regards, Simon

# Defaults for dibbler-client.
# installed at /etc/dibbler/client.conf by the maintainer scripts

# 8 (Debug) is most verbose. 7 (Info) is usually the best option
log-mode short
log-level 8

# To perform stateless (i.e. options only) configuration, uncomment
# this line below and remove any "ia" keywords from interface definitions
# stateless

iface eth1 {
# ask for address
    ia