[Dibbler] New Debian package?

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Mon Aug 24 14:25:09 CEST 2015

On 23.08.2015 20:28, Ralph J.Mayer wrote:
> are there any plans to update the official Debian package in the near future?
I think there are. There's debian bug #795493.

I'm struggling to find time for Dibbler development, and gave up on
doing anything distro specific long time ago.

> Anything I could help with to make a release possible?
Absolutely. Dibbler package is not very well maintained. After an
initial effort to package Dibbler in Debian was successful, I gave up on
this activity. If you're up to the task, maybe you could step up and
become Debian maintainer for Dibbler? I see that Debian is still using
0.8.2, which is VERY old.

I suggest you get in touch with Bartosz Fenski. See:

https://packages.debian.org/jessie/dibbler-client

For some reason I'm still listed there. That's incorrect. I'm no longer
Debian maintainer for the last 3 or 4 years.