[Dibbler] dibbler server don't receive client solicit message

George Joseph george.joseph at fairview5.com
Fri May 30 17:11:59 CEST 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 3:52 AM, Tomasz Mrugalski <thomson at klub.com.pl>
wrote:

> On 30.05.2014 10:42, amysue.z at gmail.com wrote:
> > I have installed dibbler 0.84 on centos 6.3 32bit. The pc has received
> > client solicit message, verified by wireshark. But dibbler server don't,
> > and no advertise message send.
> > I have no idea what to do now, could any one help me.
> Check your firewall. Wireshark is doing raw packet capture on wire, so
> it bypasses firewall. Dibbler opens regular UDP socket, so it is
> affected by a firewall.
>
> Two things to check: ip6tables and apparmor.
>
> Tomek
>
> Funny...I have the exact same problem on Fedora 20.  I had previously run
dibbler with no issues but switched back to "dhcpd -6" for a while.   When
I tried dibbler again last week (same binary as the earlier working
install), it acted as though it wasn't receiving packets and I had to go
back to "dhcpd -6".    I did upgrade from Fedora 19 to 20 in the mean time
so I'm wondering if something in the environment is causing the problem.
 dhcpd IS working though.