[Dibbler] Dibbler as an intermediate PD router

Tomek Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Fri Mar 14 11:47:29 CET 2014

On 12.03.2014, 09:06, anton at khirnov.net wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm looking for software that can run on an intermediate router with prefix
> delegation.  I.e. on one upstream link it acts as a dhcp client/PD requesting
> router, on some other links it acts as a dhcp server serving addresses (or
> subprefixes) from the obtained prefix.
>
> Can Dibbler be configured to behave in this way (or if not, is there any other
> software that can)? The manual suggests it cannot, but then again I don't fully
> understand what does the client actually do with the received prefix.
Client can call a script. That script can start a server. That has been
done before. IIRC here are the files on such an attempt:

https://github.com/barteqpl/openwrt-ipv6

The file you are looking for will probably look similar to:
https://github.com/barteqpl/openwrt-ipv6/blob/master/usr/bin/dibbler.sh

Hope that helps.