[Dibbler] Cisco IOS Software, 7200 Software (C7200P-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Terry Sweetser terry+dibbler at skymesh.net.au
Mon Oct 28 09:26:18 CET 2013

Hello Dibblerites!

I am currently embarking on an ipv6 project for Option 18
"authorization" of DHCPv6 via relayed request packets.

I have succeeded in nailing down the /64 between a 7201 and an ipv6
client over a etherent sub-interface.  (Using ipv6 nd prefix
2401:xxxx:yyyy:zzzz::/64 on the router and using the subnet as a pool on
dibbler.)

The cascade of relay interfaces has 2 stages:

iface r1 {
  relay eth0
  unicast <my dhcp v6 server>
  interface-id "<my dhcp v6 server name>"
  accept-leasequery 1
}

iface AVC999990003345 {
  relay r1
  interface-id "AVC999990003345"
  prefered-lifetime 604800
  valid-lifetime 1209600
etc
etc

The requests are decapsulated and sent to the correct "relay" after r1
and I'm able to hand a set of customised DHCPv6 responses to each
ethernet bitstream client with no problems.

Sadly, what is NOT working is the delegated prefixes are not getting
routed on the router's sub interface and I suspect this to be something
I have not configured ... somewhere, dibbler or router ...

---
http://about.me/terry.sweetser