[Dibbler] Question: Does DHCP Server supoports "Prefix Delegation reconfiguration"

thomson thomson at klub.com.pl
Sat Mar 30 18:55:44 CET 2013

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:32:49 +0000, "Rapoport, MichaelX"
<michaelx.rapoport at intel.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Does the DHCP Server supports the "Prefix Delegation reconfiguration" as
> defined in RFC 3633, p. 13 ?
Reconfigure is not yet officially supported. There's reconfigure branch in
git,
but it is a work in progress. It may or may not work. Keep in mind that
reconfigure is a much more broader functionality that is not specific to
PD
and covers all other aspects of the client (or delegating router). You
may try this code from branch, but don't be disappointed if it does not
work
for you.

> How can I revoke the Delegated Prefix ?
Start the server, have it delegate a prefix to your device. Stop the
server
and configure it to no longer assign prefixes (e.g. comment out pd-class).
When requesting router renews, server will not renew its prefixes.

On a somewhat related note, I've made some progress on CONFIRM support on
server side. Previously server didn't have enough information about the
network to respond to CONFIRMs, so I added a new parameter called subnet.
It is now possible to specify which subnet is valid on a given interface.
It is not usable for you yet, as server uses this information for
selecting
relays, but not to respond to CONFIRMs yet. But it is likely that I'll
implement this fix sometime next week. This will address bugs #240 and
#259.