[Dibbler] getting address in inactive mode

Dick Middleton dick at fouter.net
Sat Mar 30 13:47:36 CET 2013

I'm working on getting my laptop wifi to work with dibbler-client.  It almost
does. I'm using inactive mode so it waits for interface to be brought up at
boot time.

It seems to do everything right - the server finds the address and updates
DDNS but the client doesn't set the address into the interface.  Instead it
reports:

 Error     AddrMgr does not have IA with IAID=1

and later it says:

Warning   Received message contains unknown IA (IAID=1). We didn't order it.
Weird... ignoring it.

If I restart the client it is able to get the address properly.

Am I doing something wrong or is it unexpected behaviour?

I'm using 0.8.3 on Debian (wheezy) GNU/linux x86

The server log and client log attached.

Dick

--
Dick Middleton