[Dibbler] dibbler-client and pd

Jean-Jacques Sarton jj.sarton at web.de
Wed Mar 27 16:30:24 CET 2013

Hello,

Am 27.03.2013 13:13, schrieb Jean-Jacques Sarton:
> Hello,
>
> If I request a prefix delegation from my CPE I get a /62 prefix.
> I have foreseen 2 interfaces. If I look to the route assigned
> via dibbler-client I see that the first /64 is used for both
> interfaces:
> 2001:db8:dead:fc:800::/70  on if 1
> 2001:db8:dead:fc:1000::/70 on if 2
>
> It will be nice to have:
> 2001:db8:dead:fc::/64  on if 1
> 2001:db8:dead:fd::/64  on if 2
> or
> 2001:db8:dead:fc::/61  on if 1
> 2001:db8:dead:fd::/61  on if 2

Sorry I had mean /63
> Is it possible to arrange the client in order to get such results ?

I have commenced to rearrange the file ClntIfaceMgr/ClntIfaceMgr.cpp
With my actual modification I will have the following:
if the number of subnets is >= the number of interfaces and the prefix
length is less than 64 the route for the concerned interface will be
set to /64, /63, ... according to number of possible subnets per
interfaces.

If the preliminary condidions is not meet or only one interface is
stated the routing will be set as this what is done actually.

Example the client.conf file contain downlink-prefix-ifaces eth1 eth2
and the delegated prefix is 2001:db8:cafe:fc::/62
We will set the route to 2001:db8:cafe:fc::/63 for eth1 and
2001:db8:cafe:fe::/63 for eth2.
If We want 3 subnets for eth1 and one for eth2 we can put
downlink-prefix-ifaces eth1, eth1, eth1, eth0
to the client.conf file.

If we have 3 interface defined (eth1, eth2 and eth1) we will
see one /64 subnet for each interface, the last subnet will
not be subject to a route.

Any kind of interess for this ?

Regards,

Jean-Jacques Sarton