[Dibbler] Client-class match-if on client.vendor-class

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Tue Mar 26 15:53:53 CET 2013

On 26.03.2013 15:42, Michael Thorsager wrote:
> Well I was hoping that I was doing something wrong.. but this is the
> next best thing.. ;-)
>
> Well I'm now running the new code.. and no core-dumps! \o/
> But it does not look like the clients end up in the "client-class", is
> there any way to make the "maching process" more verbose?
Nope, not yet. But I wanted to implement some extra logging for this.

> And then I noticed this output:
>
> <snip>
> Guess-mode: Relayed interface guessed as relay1/1024
> Option type 20 not supported yet.
> Option type 20 invalid. Option ignored.
> Option type 16 not supported yet.
> Option type 16 invalid. Option ignored.
> </snip>
Ahh. I knew it won't be that easy. Can you send me writeshark/tcpdump
traffic capture of those packets and your config file off the list?

> and well.. option 16 being vendor-class i think that might be at least
> some of the reason that my mach-if statements are not doing what I
> expect.. Then again I could be 100% wrong..
You're right. Dibbler does not know yet how to create vendor class
option (16) and reconfigure-accept (20). Fortunately adding support for
that is not that difficult.

I've very busy currently, but I'll try to take a look at this sometime
this or next week.