[Dibbler] Client-class match-if on client.vendor-class

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Tue Mar 26 11:21:05 CET 2013

On 26.03.2013 07:53, Michael Thorsager wrote:
> Hello there..
>
> I'm testing out som stuff by using Client classes, and as I read the doc
> i should be able to use both client.vendor-spec.data and
> client.vendor-class.data in my math-if statements, but the vendor-class
> stuff gets rejected.. (below the output from the server)
>
> Config parse error: line 6, unexpected [client.vendor-class.data] token.
>
> any thoughts anyone?
Congrats! You seem to be the first person who ever tried to use this
feature since it was implemented around 2008.

You're right. It doesn't work. I just checked and there seem to be a
parser problem. The internal expression processing seem to support
vendor class options, but the config parser does not.

I have good and bad news for you. The good one is that fixing the parser
is very easy and I just did that. I've also added one config example
(doc/examples/server-client-classification.conf). The changes are
available on master branch in git.

The bad news is that the code apparently was never tested. You'll be the
first one who ever runs this code. Make sure you report bugs once you
encounter them. Your server.conf, server logs and traffic capture would
be helpful. Let's be optimists here, but if you also encounter segfault,
I'd be interested in your dibbler-server and your coredump.

If you are determined to make this work and want to spend some time
testing it, I'm willing to improve the code until it starts working
properly.

Not sure if that was the answer you were hoping for, but here it is.