[Dibbler] DOCSIS on 0.8.4

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Wed Jul 17 15:24:08 CEST 2013

On 17.07.2013 00:22, Michael Thorsager wrote:
> Just pulled the new sources for 0.8.4 into my DOCSIS Test setup, and
> it still works as expected ;)
Cool.

> Still doing most of the provisioning on IPv4, but I'm finally starting
> to get back into dibbler and the whole DHCPv6 thing again and I'll start
> looking into the DOCSIS vendor-spec options.. But it might take
> me some time as my C++ is a bit rusty (to say the least) .. So I'll
> need to get back up to speed..
Don't hesitate to ask. If you want to go deep into code details,
dibbler-devel may be a better place to discuss. There are users on
dibbler list who doesn't understand or don't want to get into internal
details.

If you start working on something specific just let me know, so we won't
duplicate the work. In particular, I think the client classification
system need a bit of rework. I don't remember exact details, but I
remember that the classification was triggered in an not intuitive
manner. Also, more expressions should be available (link-layer, received
interface name, other option values etc.)

Another thing to implement is to have a list of known hosts. This can be
useful in 2 ways. First, to have better reservation for a given device
(i.e. static allocation). And second, to reject unknown devices (i.e.
dynamic allocation with access control).

And of course myriad of other things, more closely related to DOCSIS.