[Dibbler] Dibbler relay issue

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Mon Jul 1 12:15:10 CEST 2013

On 01.07.2013 10:13, Mathias Koerber wrote:
> I am trying to get a DIbbler relay working in a purely VMware VM setup
>
> I have a VMware Fusion setup with 3 guest hosts
>
> The relay-server can ping the configured server just fine:
>
> when I strace the relay, I see that it does not receive the packets
> (which tcpdump shows):

> What else should I look for to get this relay running?
First suggestion: Did you disable firewall? What does ip6tables -L -n show?

Keep in mind that tcpdump captures the packets on a very low level,
before firewall has a chance to do anything with them.

Second suggestion: run the relay with dibbler-relay run, instead of
start and see if it helps. The difference is that when running in daemon
mode, stdin/stdout/stderr descriptors are closed, so first socket may
get fd 0. The code used to not handle that correctly, but that was fixed
in 0.8.4RC1 (see bug #275). Perhaps it wasn't fixed properly, after all?

Third suggestion: try to run server on the machine you're running relay
now and see if it can receive packets. If the server cannot receive your
packets, there's very high probability that there's something wrong with
your OS or VMware setup.