[Dibbler] Dibbler 0.8.4 Release Candidate 1

Dieter Busch dieter.busch at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 18:20:49 CEST 2013

Hi Tomek,

thank you for your fast answer.

What I intent to do is the following (and there I'm a little bit lost
because of the description in the manual):

Client 1 ---
              \
...      ------- Rel.1_a --
              /             \
Client n ---                \
                              -- Rel.1_1 --
Client 1 ---                /             |
              \             /              |
...      ------- Rel.1_b --               |
              /                            |
Client n ---                              |
                                      |-- dibbler
Client 1 ---                              |
              \                            |
...      ------- Rel.2_a --               |
              /             \              |
Client n ---                \             |
                              -- Rel.2_1 --
Client 1 ---                /
              \             /
...      ------- Rel.2_b --
              /
Client n ---

Rel.1 and Rel.2 shall have different address pools, independant of the
Rel.N_x (may be a LDRA, nobody cares).

 From my point of view a config should look like:

iface Rel.1_1
{
   relay eth0
   interface-id 1_1
   T1 1000
   T2 2000
   class {
     pool 6020::20-6020::ff
   }
}

iface Rel.2_1
{
   relay eth0
   interface-id 2_1
   T1 1000
   T2 2000
   class {
   pool 6030::20-6030::ff
   }
}

 From my point of view I do not really "need" the customer facing relays
here, but I'm not sure if it would work this way. This would mean, that
the server facing relays address pool can somehow be "inherited" from
the customer facing relays. All configuration (except some specific
stuff is needed) will be relying on the server facing relay.

If I have to ad the customer facing relays (only one example) I would
configure - assuming that configuration is inherited from the server
facing relay:

iface Rel.1_a
{
   relay Rel.1_1
   interface-id 1_a
}

In my actual setup (based on 0.8.3) I had to install two dibbler
servers, one for each branch on different VMs - or at least I didn't
manage to configure dibbler in the correct way. Btw. I included the
LDRAs in the config and assigned address pools at this level.
Unfortunately I'm in a lab setup using one LDRA connected to two relays....

Best regards,

dieter

Hi Tomek,

I have a question on a documetation detail. I am going to deploy dibbler
with cascaded relays (one of them will be an LDRA) and I find the
following documentation:

5.3.9 Example 9: Cascade 2 relays