[Dibbler] Dibbler 0.8.4 Release Candidate 1

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Sun Apr 28 00:39:45 CEST 2013

On 27.04.2013 22:04, Dieter Busch wrote:
> Hi Tomek,
>
> I have a question on a documetation detail. I am going to deploy dibbler
> with cascaded relays (one of them will be an LDRA) and I find the
> following documentation:
>
> 5.3.9 Example 9: Cascade 2 relays
This particular piece of documentation is a bit old. It is still valid,
though. You can define the whole chain of relays, but since 0.8.4RC1 it
should be sufficient to define only the relay closest to the client.

You may also look at section 5.3.8. There are 3 different ways to
specify interface-id: as 32 bit unsigned integer (as in the example you
cited), as a text string or as a hex value of arbitrary length.
Depending on how interface-id is configured on your relay, one of them
may be easier for you.

If your relay sets linkaddr field in RELAY-FORW (it should), then you
can use subnet declaration, so the server will pick the right interface
based on address, rather than interface-id. This is explained in section
5.3.22.

I don't remember if there are special actions needed for LDRA. I haven't
read that RFC and haven't coded anything for its support (if anything is
needed).

Hope that helps,