[Dibbler] Dibbler-server: Unable to stop dibbler-server

Axel Dahlberg axeldahlberg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 12:01:33 CEST 2013

Hi Dibbler guys,

I have a problem stopping the dibbler-server.
If i use dibbler-server stop i get this message

| Dibbler - a portable DHCPv6, version 0.7.3 (SERVER, Linux port)
| Authors : Tomasz Mrugalski<thomson(at)klub.com.pl>,Marek
Senderski<msend(at)o2.pl>
| Licence : GNU GPL v2 only. Developed at Gdansk University of Technology.
| Homepage: http://klub.com.pl/dhcpv6/
Attaching to process 2198 failed: No such process
Warning: Can not guarantee for remote process termination
Sending TERM signal to process 2198
Signal sending failed: No such process

if i use killall -9 dibbler-server it wont stop the process

if i use dibbler-server run i get this message

| Dibbler - a portable DHCPv6, version 0.7.3 (SERVER, Linux port)
| Authors : Tomasz Mrugalski<thomson(at)klub.com.pl>,Marek
Senderski<msend(at)o2.pl>
| Licence : GNU GPL v2 only. Developed at Gdansk University of Technology.
| Homepage: http://klub.com.pl/dhcpv6/
2013.04.11 11:50:54 Server Warning   Pid file found (pid=2198, file
/var/lib/dibbler/server.pid), but process 2198 does not exist.
2013.04.11 11:50:54 Server Notice    My pid (2215) is stored in
/var/lib/dibbler/server.pid

The process does not exist?
Im confused.

How is it possible to:
Turn off dibbler-server?
Remove it and reinstall becaust apt-get remove does not work.

Im using debian-6.0.7-i386-netins if it helps.

I guess all this is noob questions but im new to this and hopefully
somebody can help me.
Thanks in advance :)
Axel Dahlberg