[Dibbler] Problem configuring Dibbler.... Need Help

Jean-Jacques Sarton jj.sarton at web.de
Thu Apr 4 17:56:08 CEST 2013

Hallo Michael and Tomek

Am 04.04.2013 15:32, schrieb Tomasz Mrugalski:
> if $1 == "add" then
>   ip -6 addr add ${PREFIX1}::1/${PREFIXLEN} dev ${IFNAME}
> fi
> if $1 == "delete" then
>   ip -6 addr delete ${PREFIX1}::1/${PREFIXLEN} dev ${IFNAME}
> fi

The script shall look as follow:

#!/bin/sh
if [ $1 == "add" ]
then
  ip -6 addr add ${PREFIX1}1/${PREFIX1LEN} dev ${IFACE}
fi
if [ $1 == "delete" ]
then
  ip -6 addr delete ${PREFIX1}1/${PREFIX1LEN} dev ${IFACE}
fi
exit 0

Michael,
I suggest that you put the script within /etc/dibbler as client.script
the file must be executable for this issue
chmod 760 /etc/dibbler/client.script

After you have the script at the right place you shall insert
the line

script "/etc/dibbler/client.script"

to client.conf within the global part, this mean anywhere above
the line

"iface eth0 {"

If you restart dibbler-client you will see with the command

ip a

that the interface has got the address.

Tomek,

if there are more than 1 interface this simple script will
not do the right job. I have not found the IFNAME variable
within the environment. For the particular case the above
script shall be OK.