[Dibbler] Problem configuring Dibbler.... Need Help

Jean-Jacques Sarton jj.sarton at web.de
Thu Apr 4 09:32:13 CEST 2013


Hallo Michael,


Am 04.04.2013 08:31, schrieb Michael David:
> Thanks Jean. Without the IA line, I get the first log that I sent you.
No Jean-Jacques !


> If I set a global unicast static IP for eth0, will it not interfere with
> the DHCP IPV6 assignment?
There are no problem with this. My own system is configured with
a static address and this work. Of course my LAN is very different
from yours but for this particular case there will not be any problems.
Apparently the Address assignment is disabled on the online.net
server and the server don't reply any messages with an address
request.
By the way I had a look on the documentation provides by online.net,
there are a lot of thinks which are not explained.

Jean-Jacques

> I am hazy on this.
> 
> Michael
> 
> 
> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Jean-Jacques Sarton <jj.sarton at web.de>wrote:
> 
>> Hello Michael,
>>
>> I assume first that the address you require with the ia entry
>> is no what you mean 2a01:e0b:2400:2a01:e0b:2400::1 / 2 time
>> the prefix ?), This is not technically wrong so this shall
>> work.
>>
>> I don't know how the DHCPv6 server at online.net
>> After reading again the documentation provided by your
>> ISP I think that you need only the prefix delegation
>> (pd line) and that you have to configure CentOS so that
>> the global unicast address is set statically within
>> the file /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0.
>> Please refer to the CentOS or Redhat documentation.
>>
>> With the pd you will tell the online.net server that you
>> request your network. You have no interface for which
>> subnet are to be reserved, this is OK.
>>
>> As far I have correctly "decoded" the log output,
>> dibbler.client query first for an address and you
>> don't get one, may be that this is disabled on the
>> online.net side. The Address is not repiled and
>> your dibbler client try again after 2 sec, 4 sec
>> and so on.
>> Please remove only the ia declaration from your
>> cilent.conf file.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jean-Jacques
>>
>> Am 04.04.2013 04:37, schrieb Michael David:
>>> Thank you Jean. My client.conf looks like this:
>>>
>>>  duid-type duid-ll
>>>  log-level 8
>>>  iface "eth0" {
>>>  ia {
>>> address {
>>> 2a01:e0b:2400:2a01:e0b:2400::1 }
>>> }
>>> pd
>>> option dns-server
>>>  #option domain
>>>  }
>>>
>>> where 2a01:e0b:2400 is my 48-subnet.
>>>
>>> When I run dibbler, I get this:
>>>
>>>
>>> [root at localhost dibbler]# nano /etc/dibbler/client.conf
>>> [root at localhost dibbler]# dibbler-client run
>>> | Dibbler - a portable DHCPv6, version 0.8.3 (CLIENT, Linux port)
>>> | Authors : Tomasz Mrugalski<thomson(at)klub.com.pl>,Marek
>>> Senderski<msend(at)o2.pl>
>>> | Licence : GNU GPL v2 only. Developed at Gdansk University of
>> Technology.
>>> | Homepage: http://klub.com.pl/dhcpv6/
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Notice    My pid (32104) is stored in
>>> /var/lib/dibbler/client.pid
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Notice    Detected iface eth0/3,
>>> MAC=52:54:00:00:04:f1.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Notice    Detected iface lo/1,
>>> MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Notice    Parsing /etc/dibbler/client.conf
>>> config file...
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Debug     Prefix delegation option found.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Debug     Parsing /etc/dibbler/client.conf
>> done,
>>> result=0
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Debug     1 interface(s) specified in
>>> /etc/dibbler/client.conf
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Info      Interface eth0/3 configuation has
>> been
>>> loaded.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Debug     DUID's value =
>>> 00:03:00:01:52:fb:2b:63:1e:fe was loaded from client-duid file.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Info      My DUID is
>>> 00:03:00:01:52:fb:2b:63:1e:fe.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Info      Loading old address database
>>> (client-AddrMgr.xml), using built-in routines.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Info      DB timestamp:1365042709,
>>> now()=1365042810, db is 101 second(s) old.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Info      All client's
>>> 00:03:00:01:52:fb:2b:63:1e:fe leases are not valid.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Debug     Bind reuse enabled (multiple
>> instances
>>> allowed).
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Notice    Creating control (::) socket on the
>>> lo/1 interface.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Notice    Creating socket
>>> (addr=fe80::5054:ff:fe00:4f1) on eth0/3 interface.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Debug     Initialising link-state detection
>> for
>>> interfaces: eth0/3
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Notice    CONFIRM support compiled in.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Info      Creating SOLICIT message with 1
>> IA(s),
>>> no TA and 1 PD(s) on eth0/3 interface.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Debug     Sending SOLICIT(opts:1 3 25 8 6 ) on
>>> eth0/3 to multicast.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Debug     Sleeping for 1 second(s).
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:31 Client Info      Processing msg
>>> (SOLICIT,transID=0x8c2df7,opts: 1 3 25 8 6)
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:31 Client Debug     Sending SOLICIT(opts:1 3 25 8 6 ) on
>>> eth0/3 to multicast.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:31 Client Debug     Sleeping for 2 second(s).
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:33 Client Info      Processing msg
>>> (SOLICIT,transID=0x8c2df7,opts: 1 3 25 8 6)
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:33 Client Debug     Sending SOLICIT(opts:1 3 25 8 6 ) on
>>> eth0/3 to multicast.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:33 Client Debug     Sleeping for 4 second(s).
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:37 Client Info      Processing msg
>>> (SOLICIT,transID=0x8c2df7,opts: 1 3 25 8 6)
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:37 Client Debug     Sending SOLICIT(opts:1 3 25 8 6 ) on
>>> eth0/3 to multicast.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:37 Client Debug     Sleeping for 8 second(s).
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:45 Client Info      Processing msg
>>> (SOLICIT,transID=0x8c2df7,opts: 1 3 25 8 6)
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:45 Client Debug     Sending SOLICIT(opts:1 3 25 8 6 ) on
>>> eth0/3 to multicast.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:45 Client Debug     Sleeping for 17 second(s).
>>> 2013.04.04 08:04:02 Client Info      Processing msg
>>> (SOLICIT,transID=0x8c2df7,opts: 1 3 25 8 6)
>>>
>>> 2013.04.04 08:04:02 Client Debug     Sending SOLICIT(opts:1 3 25 8 6 ) on
>>> eth0/3 to multicast.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:04:02 Client Debug     Sleeping for 35 second(s).
>>> [root at localhost dibbler]# nano /etc/dibbler/client.conf
>>> [root at localhost dibbler]# dibbler-client run
>>> | Dibbler - a portable DHCPv6, version 0.8.3 (CLIENT, Linux port)
>>> | Authors : Tomasz Mrugalski<thomson(at)klub.com.pl>,Marek
>>> Senderski<msend(at)o2.pl>
>>> | Licence : GNU GPL v2 only. Developed at Gdansk University of
>> Technology.
>>> | Homepage: http://klub.com.pl/dhcpv6/
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Notice    My pid (32104) is stored in
>>> /var/lib/dibbler/client.pid
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Notice    Detected iface eth0/3,
>>> MAC=52:54:00:00:04:f1.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Notice    Detected iface lo/1,
>>> MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Notice    Parsing /etc/dibbler/client.conf
>>> config file...
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Debug     Prefix delegation option found.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Debug     Parsing /etc/dibbler/client.conf
>> done,
>>> result=0
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Debug     1 interface(s) specified in
>>> /etc/dibbler/client.conf
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Info      Interface eth0/3 configuation has
>> been
>>> loaded.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Debug     DUID's value =
>>> 00:03:00:01:52:fb:2b:63:1e:fe was loaded from client-duid file.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Info      My DUID is
>>> 00:03:00:01:52:fb:2b:63:1e:fe.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Info      Loading old address database
>>> (client-AddrMgr.xml), using built-in routines.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Info      DB timestamp:1365042709,
>>> now()=1365042810, db is 101 second(s) old.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Info      All client's
>>> 00:03:00:01:52:fb:2b:63:1e:fe leases are not valid.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Debug     Bind reuse enabled (multiple
>> instances
>>> allowed).
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Notice    Creating control (::) socket on the
>>> lo/1 interface.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Notice    Creating socket
>>> (addr=fe80::5054:ff:fe00:4f1) on eth0/3 interface.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Debug     Initialising link-state detection
>> for
>>> interfaces: eth0/3
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Notice    CONFIRM support compiled in.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Info      Creating SOLICIT message with 1
>> IA(s),
>>> no TA and 1 PD(s) on eth0/3 interface.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Debug     Sending SOLICIT(opts:1 3 25 8 6 ) on
>>> eth0/3 to multicast.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:30 Client Debug     Sleeping for 1 second(s).
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:31 Client Info      Processing msg
>>> (SOLICIT,transID=0x8c2df7,opts: 1 3 25 8 6)
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:31 Client Debug     Sending SOLICIT(opts:1 3 25 8 6 ) on
>>> eth0/3 to multicast.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:31 Client Debug     Sleeping for 2 second(s).
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:33 Client Info      Processing msg
>>> (SOLICIT,transID=0x8c2df7,opts: 1 3 25 8 6)
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:33 Client Debug     Sending SOLICIT(opts:1 3 25 8 6 ) on
>>> eth0/3 to multicast.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:33 Client Debug     Sleeping for 4 second(s).
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:37 Client Info      Processing msg
>>> (SOLICIT,transID=0x8c2df7,opts: 1 3 25 8 6)
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:37 Client Debug     Sending SOLICIT(opts:1 3 25 8 6 ) on
>>> eth0/3 to multicast.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:37 Client Debug     Sleeping for 8 second(s).
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:45 Client Info      Processing msg
>>> (SOLICIT,transID=0x8c2df7,opts: 1 3 25 8 6)
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:45 Client Debug     Sending SOLICIT(opts:1 3 25 8 6 ) on
>>> eth0/3 to multicast.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:03:45 Client Debug     Sleeping for 17 second(s).
>>> 2013.04.04 08:04:02 Client Info      Processing msg
>>> (SOLICIT,transID=0x8c2df7,opts: 1 3 25 8 6)
>>> 2013.04.04 08:04:02 Client Debug     Sending SOLICIT(opts:1 3 25 8 6 ) on
>>> eth0/3 to multicast.
>>> 2013.04.04 08:04:02 Client Debug     Sleeping for 35 second(s).
>>>
>>> Any ideas???
>>>
>>>
>>> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:47 AM, Jean-Jacques Sarton <jj.sarton at web.de
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello Michael,
>>>>
>>>> I am als a new dibbler user, but I have already some experience.
>>>>
>>>> You have only one network interface on your system. This mean
>>>> that you will not be able to get a prefix delegation unless you
>>>> modify the configurations file.
>>>> Dibbler normally don't use the interface attached to the server.
>>>> If your client.conf file contain
>>>> ------------------
>>>> duid-type duid-ll
>>>> log-level 8
>>>> downlink-prefix-ifaces eth0
>>>> iface "eth0" {
>>>>  pd
>>>>  option dns-server
>>>>  option domain
>>>> }
>>>> the prefix will be acquired you will see that within the
>>>> log output.
>>>> But you will not get an address.
>>>> You may at a later stage insert before pd
>>>> the line
>>>>  ia { address { <your-48-subnet>:<your-main-subnet>::1 } }
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Please replace <your-48-subnet> with the delegated prefix
>>>> and if you use the first subnet (0) :<your-main-subnet>
>>>> with nothings.
>>>> The result may be 2001:db8:bebe::1
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Am 03.04.2013 19:46, schrieb Michael David:
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> I am a new user of Dibbler.
>>>>>
>>>>> I have got a new server from online.net
>>>>>
>>>>> Now, I am trying to setup IPV6 for my server - i.e. get an IPV6 address
>>>> for
>>>>> my server. Online.net uses dibbler.
>>>>>
>>>>> I have set up dibbler (latest stable version) from source on CentOS 6.
>>>>>
>>>>> Their documentation for ipv6 is here:
>>>>>
>>>>> http://documentation.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/reseau/prefixe_ipv6
>>>>>
>>>>> When I run
>>>>>
>>>>>   dibbler-client run
>>>>>
>>>>> I get this:
>>>>>
>>>>> 2013.04.03 23:06:35 Client Debug     Authentication is disabled, not
>>>>> including auth options in message.
>>>>>
>>>>> 2013.04.03 23:06:35 Client Debug     Sending RENEW(opts:1 2 25 8 6 )
>>>>> on eth0/3 to multicast.
>>>>> 2013.04.03 23:06:35 Client Debug     Sleeping for 10 second(s).
>>>>> 2013.04.03 23:06:35 Client Debug     Received 131 bytes on interface
>>>>> eth0/3 (socket=5, addr=fe80::32e4:dbff:fef9:671f).
>>>>>
>>>>> 2013.04.03 23:06:35 Client Info      Received REPLY on
>>>>> eth0/3,TransID=0x7da4e4, 5 opts: 25 2 1 7 23
>>>>> 2013.04.03 23:06:35 Client Notice    PD: Updating prefix
>>>>> 2a01:e0b:2400::/48 to all interfaces (prefix will be split to /56
>>>>> prefixes if necessary).
>>>>>
>>>>> 2013.04.03 23:06:35 Client Debug     PD: Interface eth0/3 is the
>>>>> interface, where prefix has been obtained, skipping.
>>>>> 2013.04.03 23:06:35 Client Debug     PD: Interface lo/1 is not
>>>>> multicast capable, ignoring.
>>>>> 2013.04.03 23:06:35 Client Info      PD: Using 0 suitable interface(s):
>>>>>
>>>>> 2013.04.03 23:06:35 Client Warning   Suitable interfaces not found.
>>>>> Delegated prefix not split.
>>>>> 2013.04.03 23:06:35 Client Debug     RENEW(IA_PD) will be sent (T1)
>>>>> after 1800, REBIND (T2) after 3600 seconds.
>>>>> 2013.04.03 23:06:35 Client Debug     Not executing external script
>>>>> (Notify script disabled).
>>>>>
>>>>> 2013.04.03 23:06:35 Client Debug     Sleeping for 1800 second(s).
>>>>>
>>>>> And no ipv6 address gets assigned to the eth0 interface.
>>>>>
>>>>> Then I thought, I need to setup dhcpclient also as per their
>>>>> instructions. I have done the same.
>>>>>
>>>>> When I run:
>>>>>
>>>>> dhclient -cf /etc/dhcp/dhclient6.conf -6 -P -v eth0
>>>>>
>>>>> I get this:
>>>>>
>>>>> XMT:  X-- IA_PD 00:00:04:f1
>>>>> XMT:  | X-- Request renew in  +3600
>>>>> XMT:  | X-- Request rebind in +5400
>>>>> XMT: Solicit on eth0, interval 4050ms.
>>>>> 2013.04.03 23:09:13 Client Debug     Received 163 bytes on interface
>>>>> eth0/3 (socket=5, addr=fe80::32e4:dbff:fef9:671f).
>>>>>
>>>>> 2013.04.03 23:09:13 Client Info      Received ADVERTISE on
>>>>> eth0/3,TransID=0x5cd0b2, 6 opts: 25 2 1 7 23 24
>>>>> 2013.04.03 23:09:13 Client Warning   Message with wrong transID
>>>>> (0x5cd0b2) received. Ignoring.
>>>>> 2013.04.03 23:09:13 Client Debug     Sleeping for 1642 second(s).
>>>>>
>>>>> XMT: Forming Solicit, 7180 ms elapsed.
>>>>> XMT:  X-- IA_PD 00:00:04:f1
>>>>> XMT:  | X-- Request renew in  +3600
>>>>>
>>>>> And again no IPV6 address is assigned.
>>>>>
>>>>> Please can someone tell me how to get 2 static IPV6 addresses assigned
>>>>> to my server.
>>>>>
>>>>> That is all I want to do and I have been trying for the last 10 hrs
>>>>> with absolutely no support from my host :-(
>>>>>
>>>>> Hence this mail to the list.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>
>>>>> Michael
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> http://klub.com.pl/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dibbler
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> http://klub.com.pl/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dibbler
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> http://klub.com.pl/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dibbler
>>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> http://klub.com.pl/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dibbler
>>
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> http://klub.com.pl/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dibbler
> 



More information about the Dibbler mailing list