[Dibbler] Hello quick question about dibbler and openbsd

Sly Midnight slymidnight at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 16:29:45 CEST 2012

I do have some questions about the original or Linux specific script.  What is the purpose of the following variables in the script?

$OPTION_NEXT_HOP
$OPTION_NEXT_HOP_RTPPREFIX
$OPTION_RTPPREFIX

In my copy of the script I actually have not modified those lines at all, they are still Linux specific.  But I have not seen them called, so I do not yet understand what they are supposed to be doing.  I added lines that merely call ifconfig with the correct syntax to add addresses to the appropriate interfaces and then I use a somewhat clumsy approach to adding the DNS servers.  I am still thinking of a better way to add the DNS servers as the dhclient script for the IPv4  version overwrites the changes I make, so this is not ideal.

Also currently I have no way of getting dibbler (at least on OpenBSD) to setup the default route for IPv6.  If the IP address for the default route could be obtained and passed via the notify script I could easily set it up with a route add command.

Please let me know what we can do.