[Dibbler] Hello quick question about dibbler and openbsd

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Thu Sep 20 11:23:22 CEST 2012

On 19.09.2012 21:41, Sly Midnight wrote:
> I apologize it's taken me over a week to get the modifications to the
> client.sh script as I promised completed.  I hav e functioning copy that
No worries. There's no rush. It is better to make it right than make it
fast.

> I'd like to upload or email to you for review.  Please let me know
Please do. The list should be able to process attachements (except
executable windows binaries, which are dropped). I barely have any
OpenBSD experience, so my review won't be very useful. Hopefully other
OpenBSD users will be able to review it as well. If it doesn't work for
some reason (it should), please send it directly to me.

> how/where I can send it to you for further review.  As I think about it
> now, if we intend to make this a universal script that runs on both
> Linux and the BSDs, I probably should add logic to distinguish between
> the OSes and execute the different versions of the appropriate commands
No, the idea is that the script should be as simple as possible, with
couple OS-specific versions (or family specific, if we can cover
Free/Net/OpenBSD in one). There is one for Linux. It used to be
scripts/notify-scripts/client-notify.sh, but I just renamed it to
client-notify-linux.sh. It is rather simple for now, but dibbler-client
can set up many things on its own (addresses, prefixes, dns, domains).

> to do essentially the same thing.  I will work on that next and will
> hopefully have a working version of that as well ready to send to you
> for further review.
Excellent!