[Dibbler] False virus detection in dibbler-0.8.2-win32.exe by Kaspersky antivirus

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Wed Sep 19 18:52:00 CEST 2012

Hi,
I got a note from Peter Verhage that the latest version of Kaspersky
anti-virus reports a virus in dibbler-0.8.2-win32.exe. The
exact file reported as offending is dibbler-requestor.exe.

I have reported the issue to Kaspersky labs and they promptly confirmed
that this is a false positive. See their response below.

Furthermore, guys that run softpedia (a free/open/trial software hosting
site) independently scanned 0.8.2 against viruses and they haven't found
any. Their report is available here:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Misc-Networking-Tools/Dibbler.shtml

That file is safe to use.

Thank you, Peter, for reporting this issue.