[Dibbler] Per client prefix delegation ?
mikmak at freenux.org
Tue Mar 6 00:06:58 CET 2012
I am currently testing this branch, it seems to work fine, thanks for
writing the implementation.
I only occured something odd :
3103s,809628us Server Debug 0 answers buffered. Old reply for transID=d0ef95 not found. Generating new answer.
3103s,809706us Server Debug Found per-client configuration (exception) for client with DUID=00:03:00:01:2c:76:8a:b0:fd:8c
3103s,809736us Server Info Reserved in-pool address 2a01:e0b:1000:255::1 for this client found, assigning.
3103s,809769us Server Info PD option (with IAPREFIX suboptions missing) received.
3103s,809794us Server Debug Found per-client configuration (exception) for client with DUID=00:03:00:01:2c:76:8a:b0:fd:8c
3103s,809830us Server Info Reserved in-pool prefix 2a01:e0b:2fff::/48 for this client found, assigning.
3103s,809884us Server Debug Preference set to 255.
3103s,809914us Server Debug Found per-client configuration (exception) for client with DUID=00:03:00:01:2c:76:8a:b0:fd:8c
3103s,809952us Server Warning Client (DUID=00:03:00:01:2c:76:8a:b0:fd:8c) not found in addrDB, cannot delete address and/or client.
3103s,809976us Server Debug Address usage for class 0 decreased to 18446744073709551615.
it seems there is a counter that get decreased below 0 (2^64-1)
and I believe this prevents further allocation of PD/Addr
also, I think (but the documentation does not say so ?) that the PD used
in exceptions needs to be assigned from an existing global pd-class ?
at least it did not seem to work without the corresponding pd-class for
I'll give it more testing in the coming days,
On dim., févr. 12, 2012 at 09:37:30 +0100, Tomek Mrugalski wrote:
> On 11-12-12 10:57, Mickael Marchand wrote:
> > Hi,
> > On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:23:18AM +0100, Tomasz Mrugalski wrote:
> >> On 11.12.2011 19:35, Mickael Marchand wrote:
> >>> Hi,
> >>> is it possible to restrict prefix delegation per client ?
> >> No, not yet.
> I have implemented per client prefix delegation. As this code involves
> quite significant code change, I made those changes on a branch. I would
> appreciate if someone could test it and report if it works (and any
> discovered problems). It works for me, but I tested it only briefly.
> Your milage may vary.
> This code is available on assign branch. To get it, do:
> git clone git://github.com/tomaszmrugalski/dibbler.git
> cd dibbler
> git checkout --track origin/assign
> See doc/example/server-per-client.conf for example.
> Keep in mind that this is experimental code, so it may break any time.
> Do not even think about deploying this in production environment.
> This is part of much larger effort to clean up lease (address and
> prefix) assignment policy. See section 4.3 ("Address and prefix
> assignment policy"). It is available on a branch only for now.
> Please report any problems.
Ingénieur Réseau et Sécurité - Iliad Entreprises
Tel: +33 (0)1 73 50 29 37, Fax: +33 (0)1 73 50 29 01
More information about the Dibbler