[Dibbler] Content of duid

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Tue Jun 26 17:11:48 CEST 2012

On 26.06.2012 16:06, dqq wrote:
> Thanks for your help
> The duid-type can only use in client?
> But I want to use duid-ll to enable access control in the server.conf,
> if I don't do anything in the cilent.conf,
> what should I do?
You should do as you would do with other questions you may have: read
the documentation. I believe Dibbler User's Guide, section 4.20
"Different DUID types" is quite clear and provides examples.

Once generated, both dibbler server and client store their duids in
/var/lib/dibbler/{client|server}-duid. That is a plain text file that is
read during startup. If it is not there or contains malformed data, a
new DUID is generated and stored in that file. duid-type command is used
only during generation of a new DUID type. It works on a client side
only, as there is no valid reason to form server DUID in any way. The
default (DUID-LLT) is ok.

Please let me know if there is anything that is unclear there.

DUID type has nothing to do with access control. You can use DUID-LLT
(or any DUID type for that matter) for access control. DUID-LL is useful
if you have a list of MAC addresses of your devices and want to generate
access list based on that.

Hope that helps.