[Dibbler] questions about subnet

Tomek Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Sat Jun 16 12:04:35 CEST 2012

On 12-06-16 05:24, dqq wrote:
> Thanks for your reply
> Now I have another problem:
> I want to assign a prefix delegation to a fixed router.
> Mm... I mean that I  prefer to use a router as relay not a server.
> but as you konw ,  we can't denfine interface-id or in a router or we
> can't install a dibbler relay on a router.
> When using a router as relay ,how to config ? please give me some ideas...
I don't really understand your scenario. You want to provision your
router (prefix delegation) and provision hosts behind that router?

Does this router provide relay functionality? It should include
interface-id on it own then. You don't have to configure it to any
specific value. You can adjust configuration of your dibbler server to
match whatever your relay sends.

You can also take a look at the dibbler server feature called
"guess-mode". It allows server to try to guess which relay is used.

There is another feature planned in dibbler. Once implemented, it will
be possible to specify subnets in server configuration and server will
pick the right relay based on link address field in RELAY_FORW message.