[Dibbler] DDNS problem with dibbler-server and ISC-client

Klose, Dieter dieter.klose at ts.fujitsu.com
Thu Jul 26 19:02:32 CEST 2012

Hi Tomek,

on Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:14 PM Tomasz Mrugalski wrote:
> > On 26.07.2012 16:53, Klose, Dieter wrote:
> > Hi, I am using dibbler-server version 0.8.2 on a SUSE SLES11 SP1
> > system and dhcp-client is ISC DHCP Client Version: 4.2.3.P2-0.7.2 on a
> > SUSE SLES11 SP2 system.
> >
> > My problem is, that dibbler-server don't tries to contact my
> > dns-server for DDNS. In the listing of dibbler-server below you can
> > see that client sends fqdn-option and dibbler-server detect this:
> There were many, many improvements done in the DDNS code. Many bugs fixed
> up, new poslib library merged, DDNS is now cleaned up on lease expiration, and
> TSIG support was added.
>
> Can you try if your problem still reproduces on the latest git version?
> To get the code, do:
>
> git clone git://github.com/tomaszmrugalski/dibbler.git

I have no git-tool on my system, got it with ZIP-File on github webside; hope this is the latest git version

> Let me know if it fixes your problem or not. I'm going to IETF meeting very soon,
> so I won't be able to fix any problems until I get back.

Problem is now fixed, dibbler-server tries to contact dns-server; but no dns-update up to now, I think because of dns-server-problem.
I will report if dns-update runs.

Many thanks and best regards,

Dieter