[Dibbler] DDNS problem with dibbler-server and ISC-client

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Thu Jul 26 17:14:10 CEST 2012

On 26.07.2012 16:53, Klose, Dieter wrote:
> Hi, I am using dibbler-server version 0.8.2 on a SUSE SLES11 SP1
> system and dhcp-client is ISC DHCP Client Version: 4.2.3.P2-0.7.2 on
> a SUSE SLES11 SP2 system.
>
> My problem is, that dibbler-server don't tries to contact my
> dns-server for DDNS. In the listing of dibbler-server below you can
> see that client sends fqdn-option and dibbler-server detect this:
There were many, many improvements done in the DDNS code. Many bugs
fixed up, new poslib library merged, DDNS is now cleaned up on lease
expiration, and TSIG support was added.

Can you try if your problem still reproduces on the latest git version?
To get the code, do:

git clone git://github.com/tomaszmrugalski/dibbler.git

Let me know if it fixes your problem or not. I'm going to IETF meeting
very soon, so I won't be able to fix any problems until I get back.
Please post them on the list nevertheless.