[Dibbler] Is there a way to make dibbler request a Prefix Delegation and then give out prefix delegations on downstream links?

Erik Andersen erik.b.andersen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 01:52:32 CET 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to understand if/how DHCPv6 could be IPv6's replacement for
DHCP+NAT in IPv4.

Say you have a router with ports eth0, eth1, and eth2. eth0 is considered
the upstream port and eth1 and eth2 are considered downstream ports. Is
there a way to set Dibbler up to request a prefix delegation on eth0 and
then take the block it gets and offer addresses and smaller blocks of
addresses on eth1 and eth2?

If my question is confusing, I would be happy to clarify it, just let me
know.

Thanks,
Erik B. Andersen