[Dibbler] Per client prefix delegation ?

Tomek Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Sun Feb 12 21:37:30 CET 2012

On 11-12-12 10:57, Mickael Marchand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:23:18AM +0100, Tomasz Mrugalski wrote:
>> On 11.12.2011 19:35, Mickael Marchand wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is it possible to restrict prefix delegation per client ?
>> No, not yet.
I have implemented per client prefix delegation. As this code involves
quite significant code change, I made those changes on a branch. I would
appreciate if someone could test it and report if it works (and any
discovered problems). It works for me, but I tested it only briefly.
Your milage may vary.

This code is available on assign branch. To get it, do:

git clone git://github.com/tomaszmrugalski/dibbler.git
cd dibbler
git checkout --track origin/assign

See doc/example/server-per-client.conf for example.

Keep in mind that this is experimental code, so it may break any time.
Do not even think about deploying this in production environment.

This is part of much larger effort to clean up lease (address and
prefix) assignment policy. See section 4.3 ("Address and prefix
assignment policy"). It is available on a branch only for now.

Please report any problems.