[Dibbler] Hello quick question about dibbler and openbsd

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Thu Aug 30 19:43:31 CEST 2012

On 30.08.2012 15:15, Sly Midnight wrote:
> Thanks for the response explaining what the problem was.  While I'd love
> to help with this problem, I'm not much of a C/C++ programmer (haven't
> coded in that language in near 10 years).  The best I could probably do
> is test and help debug stuff.  But I might still consider checking out
> the code and seeing if I can make sense of it and if so I will post
> back.  But thanks again.
I couldn't stop thinking about this problem. I've debugged it a bit
more. I'm not confident that the value returned by getifaddrs() is
invalid. In my opinion that is an OpenBSD bug.

Does anyone know how to best approach OpenBSD developers to talk/report
this problem? It manifests itself on my a bit dated OpenBSD 4.8 and Sly
had the same problem on 5.1.

Anyway, workaround this problem is quite simple, but very ugly. If the
address starts with fe80, I set the next 6 bytes with 0. With this
kludge the whole thing seems to be working, at least dibbler-client
claims to get an address. The change is in the git repo.

At least two folks volunteered to test the code. Please let me know if
the code works for you. Also, I've never had a chance to test if the
code works on 64 bit version of OpenBSD. I would be grateful if someone
could check that as well.