[Dibbler] Change lease configuration "on-the-fly"?

Tomasz Mrugalski thomson at klub.com.pl
Fri Oct 23 17:01:05 CEST 2009

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 somebody known as Keshi LI (gmail) wrote:

> Thx for the reply. I'm not developer type of guy (I'm only doing system
> testing), so I can't help with a patch.Could there be a workaround in the
> current release of dibbler-server by manipulating files in /var/lib/dibbler
> ? I tried to change the valid life time of a lease in file
> server-AddrMgr.xml, but it doesn't seem to work. When my client sends RENEW,
> my change in this file is replaced by what's in the RENEW.
This (and all other xml) file is write only. Dibbler server (and client)
dumps its internal state there. The idea is that this file may be used to
generate statistics or to monitor, what is going on.

Dibbler server needs to read this file upon start and load its contents.
Unfortunately, this functionality is not available.